Current Performance Rates
||Out of Tacoma
||+ $50/hr minimum
|Over 3 hours solo
||overtime surcharge (usually $100/hr)
|Over 3 hours, band
||overtime surcharge (usually $300/hr)
|Please note: Weekend rate +50/hr minimum. Holiday rate (Thanksgiving through New Year's day, all other holidays) +100/hr. High Season rate (mid-May through end of September) +50/hr minimum.
Two Hour Minimum Required
Discounts Available for contracted, ongoing bookings for your club/restaurant/business
Booking Policy, effective 2013
Due to some recent confusion on our booking/payment policies, we have put together this informational document to help clarify:
If you are interested in booking Steve or Too Many Cooks for your event or venue, please follow these steps:
1. Check Steve’s calendar for available dates. The calendar is constantly updated, so if you see an opening, there is a good chance it is available.
2. Review the schedule of Steve’s rates and make sure those rates are agreeable to everyone involved in your event.
3. Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following information:
---Your phone number.
---Your desired date and time.
---Length of desired performance.
---Address/location of desired performance.
---Type of event (wedding, birthday, club music night, etc.).
---Any special requests.
---Solo or band.
4. If the date is available, you will receive a Performance Agreement via e-mail shortly. Please sign and mail a printed copy of the agreement with your deposit to the address provided in the e-mail. Upon receipt of your deposit and agreement, the date is locked in and reserved for you.
5. Your date will be held for 72 hours (excluding Sundays and Federal Holidays) following Performance Agreement being sent to you. If we do not receive your signed agreement and deposit by that time, the date will be available to others who wish to book it.
6. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail or telephone with any questions.
Wedding booking details:
*If you wish to have Steve provide ceremony music and/or reception entertainment for your wedding, please follow the above steps. In addition, Steve requires 90 days advance notice plus $100 per song to perform music not already in his repertoire, so if you have a special song in mind, get that information to him as soon as possible.
*If you are booking Steve for both your ceremony and reception, please keep in mind that even though you may not need music during the entire time, it is still “working time” for Steve because he is required to stay at your event. Time will be billed accordingly, whether it is performance time or “wait” time.
*If you have a wedding coordinator, please provide us with his/her contact information so we can coordinate music and wedding program events with him/her.
*Wedding bookings include one 1-hour personal consultation with Steve to select music, ask questions, and coordinate your day. If you require additional consultation time, whether on or off-site, additional charges will be incurred.
Performance Requirements and Additional Information:
Steve requires very minimal accommodations for a solo performance.
1. A grounded, dedicated power source is essential to prevent damage to his sound system.
2. A clean, flat, dry, level surface is necessary to safely operate the sound system. If you have booked the band, please ensure you have allowed adequate space for a drum set, two amplifiers, a sound system, and three musicians.
3. If there will be dancing, please provide a barrier between the dance floor and the musicians to prevent accidental injury to the band or your guests.
4. Payment in full is required at the beginning of all private functions. If, at the end of the contracted time, you desire additional time, please consult with Steve on a break to see if this is possible. Additional time is usually available at a small additional charge, which must be pre-paid before performance continues.
5. If your event is running late, please speak to Steve before assuming he will be able to accommodate the change. Often he has two or more events booked back-to-back on the same date, and if you run late, he will be late to his next performance.
6. If your event is outdoors, please have a “rain plan” to provide adequate shelter for Steve/the band and equipment. Rain and electronics don’t mix, and we want to keep everyone safe.
7. Please read your contract carefully before signing it. It is a legally binding document, and if there are any errors, omissions, or items you do not understand, please contact us so we can remedy the issue.
Due to recent cancellations/non-payment these policies apply to ALL booking requests, including friends and family. This is not just a “hobby” for Steve, it is his full-time business, and must be handled as such.
Thank you for your interest in having Steve provide entertainment for your event. We look forward to hearing from you soon!